Thermocouples for industry
Thermocouples are devices used to measure high temperatures. It consists of two different types of metal wire, which create a voltage when they are at different temperatures. This voltage is then measured and can be used to calculate the temperature. The high temperature thermocouple can be used in many industries including automotive, aerospace, transport, agriculture, and metallurgy.
What is a thermocouple and how does it work?
A thermocouple is a device consisting of two different types of metal wire, usually platinum and rhodium. When these wires are at different temperatures, they create a voltage. This voltage can then be measured to calculate the temperature of the steel bath in a furnace.
Uses of thermocouples
Thermocouples are used in many sectors including automotive, aerospace, transport, agriculture, industry, steel, and foundries.
Types of high temperature thermocouples
- Type K thermocouples are the most popular type of thermocouple and are used in a wide variety of industries.
- Type J thermocouples are used in a wide variety of industries including automotive, aerospace and food processing.
- Type N thermocouples are made of nickel and chrome and are used in high temperature applications
- Type E thermocouples are used in a wide variety of industries including automotive, aerospace and food processing.
- Thermocouples have many advantages over other temperature measuring devices. They are durable, accurate and can be used in a wide range of industries. They are also economical, making them a popular choice for many applications.
- There are different types of high temperature thermocouples, each designed for specific purposes. The most common type is the Type K thermocouple, which can be used at temperatures up to 1300 degrees Celsius.
We have been specialized in the import and export of consumables for the steel industry for over 40 years. If you are looking to buy thermocouples or would like more information, feel free to contact our team. We will be pleased to discuss your specific requirements.